(Editor's note: The in-game client version of this patch was unchanged from the previous release. We added the "i" to distinguish between these updates.)
New Hero: Daraka, Loyal Guardian Edit
- The Daraka, Loyal Guardian promo quest begins today and will run until Monday, May 25.
- During the quest period, your first PvP win of the day will reward you with a copy of Daraka.
- Once the promo period is over, you’ll be able to craft Daraka using Shiftstone as normal.
- The Daraka, Loyal Guardian premium avatar will be available in the store for 300 Gems for a limited time.
- An Daraka, Loyal Guardian theme deck will also be available in the Store for 500 Gems for a limited time, and includes the avatar and 4 premium copies of the new promo!
Minor Updates Edit
(Editor's note: these fixes were made in the following days.)
Ranked Point Changes Edit
Today's deploy also contained some changes to how points are earned during Throne and Expedition ranked play; there should have been some patch notes to accompany the change that got missed -- sorry about that.
This change makes it so that you earn more points when you beat a stronger opponent, and fewer points when you defeat someone who's not as highly ranked. This means that you'll see more +12s (for beating weaker opponents) and more +20s (for beating stronger opponents), and fewer of the +15s of the previous system. It's all fairly subtle in how it shakes out, and isn't going to make much difference in the overall rate of ranking up.
As always, we're continuing to keep an eye on and fine-tune the systems that go into matchmaking and rank, and we think this change -- while a minor one -- will be good for the experience as a whole. Again, apologies for not conveying that ahead of time.
5/21 Update: Upon review, these changes had been affecting Draft as well. They have been reverted for Draft, and the issue should now be resolved.
5/21 Update Edit
ECQ: Shadow of the Spire begins tomorrow at 10 am MDT (16:00 UTC). Enter for your shot at the 2020 Eternal World Championship! All players who enter will receive the premium Oni Ronin card back and four alternate-art copies of Oni Ronin!
We have also made the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed an issue where Milos, Rebel Bomber would sometimes incorrectly break an opponent’s Aegis earlier than other effects.
- Fixed an issue where Daraka, Loyal Guardian's stun effect would not be correctly removed when he was transformed.
- Fixed an issue where some players could get into a state where the "Complete the Campaign" quest could not be finished.
If you encounter these issues after restarting Eternal, or have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or via in-game feedback under Options.