The Flame of Xulta is the seventh pack-based expansion set for Eternal Card Game. It was fully released on October 7, 2019 with 200+ new cards. A subset of its cards were released early in a special Draft Preview.
We will honor our Ancestors, and keep their laws, until at last the world grows dark.
How to Get
New Theme Decks
Mechanics & Themes
- Fate appears on the influence-fixing evangels cycle.
- The Flame of Xulta brings back Spellcraft, last featured in The Fall of Argenport, to synergize with Muster. It also introduces relics and relic weapons with this keyword, which was previously limited to normal weapons.
The Flame of Xulta had many Unit Type Matters effects to support tribal synergies. The main supported unit types are also those represented in the Bargain cards, which are each triggered by a different unit type: Dragons, Cultists, Oni, Yeti, and Elves.
A $49.99 Flame of Xulta pre-order bundle was available from September 26, 2019 until the set's full release. It included:
- a box of The Flame of Xulta (32 packs)
- a Voprex, Hope's End premium card back and avatar
- 4 copies of the alternate-art Kairos, Grand Champion
- 1,800 gems
- 2 bonus Draft Tickets (if purchased from the Eternal web store)
On September 26, prior to The Flame of Xulta's full release, 81 commons and uncommons from the set were incorporated into Draft Packs in a special Draft Preview. These cards were immediately playable in constructed formats, though the cards could only obtained through draft during the preview.
A preview event for The Flame of Xulta ran from October 3 until the set's release. It featured the set's five theme decks, highlighting new mechanics and strategies. The event could be entered up to ten times, with each 10-game run costing 3,000 gold or 200 gems. Players used a different deck for their first five runs, then a random one for the remaining five. Runs rewarded packs of The Flame of Xulta.
Once the The Flame of Xulta, the theme decks from its preview event became available to purchase in the store for 3,000 gold or 200 gems each:
The theme decks are also available in a bundle for 1,700 gems. In addition to the five decks, the bundle also includes 4 copies of the alternate-art Ila & Mizo. Due to an error at launch the bundle cost 1,000 gems, which DWD honored and continued for a couple days as a discount.
Nine in-game and platform achievements were added for The Flame of Xulta.
|Cut the Muster||Activate three Muster abilities in a single turn.||75||50||10||✓|
|Exaltation||Play an Exalted Weapon with five or more battle skills.||75||50||10||✓|
|Grave Danger||Increase the enemy player's health with Vicious Rejuvenation, then win the game.||75||50||✓|
|Hexmaster||Have curses on six different enemies.||75||50||✓|
|Overachiever||Activate 50 Mastery abilities.||75||50||10||✓|
|Ritual of Blood||Sacrifice 20 Cultists.||75||50||10||✓|
|Temporal Domination||Take three turns in a row.||75||50||✓|
|The Price Must be Paid||Kill the enemy player with Nahid's ability.||75||50||✓|
|Unsustainable Practices||Decimate your power 50 times.||75||50||10||✓|
- DWD News - The Flame of Xulta Pre-Order Bundle (September 25, 2019). Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- DWD News - The Flame of Xulta Preview Event (October 02, 2019). Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- Eternal subreddit - Flame of Xultra Theme Deck Bundle Wrong Pricing! [comment] by DireWolfDigital (October 07, 2019). Retrieved October 16, 2019.